- Say something nice and compliment others. If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all.
- Avoid catastrophizing. You know...making a mountain out of a molehill. Enjoy the moment, the present day. Your unfortunate circumstance could change to a positive event overnight.
- Bless you enemies. Better yet, have no enemies at all. Even if someone might not like you, send them love, peace and happiness.
- Remember that giving is much more fulfilling than receiving. Give and happy you are able to do it.
- Do something good--a random act of kindness--and don't expect anything in return. Not a compliment or acknowledgement. Just give for the sake of giving.
- Remember we all have a purpose in life. Think about what you believe to be your purpose and do one thing everyday to make that purpose expand.
- Remember God, His will, His love and forgiveness. Be happy for every day you are given.
.....Robyn Wheeler is the author of Born Mad, an in-depth view of her struggle with chronic anger, frustration and thoughts of suicide and her eventual diagnosis of Dysthymia.